In the course of national audit of Ukraine by the International Maritime Organization (IMO) the auditors team visited the State Enterprise "Marine Search and Rescue Service" of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine.
Representatives of the SE "MSRS" headed by the Director Viktor Sudarev and Deputy Director – Secretary of the State Coordination Committee Volodymyr Rabotnov provided auditors with information on functioning of the State Enterprise "Marine Search and Rescue Service", namely on search and rescue at sea, coordination of search and rescue operations, provision of GMDSS communications and long-range identification and tracking of ships.
Experts of the Enterprise provided auditors with documents and reference materials on coastal state functions performed by the SE "MSRS":
• condition of the organizational and technical support for the functioning and sustainable development of the National system of Ukraine for maritime search and rescue at sea;
• ensuring the functioning of the State Maritime Rescue and Coordination Centre in Odesa and the Maritime Rescue Sub-Centre in Berdiansk;
• organization and carrying out of search and rescue works in the maritime search and rescue region of Ukraine, maintenance of search and rescue units (specialized SAR maritime fleet);
• ensuring the functioning and development of maritime mobile communication system and the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS), GMDSS coastal radio stations;
• ensuring the functioning of the National Data Center of the Long-Range Identification and Tracking of Ships System.
The audit will be conducted in Odesa and Yuzhne till the end of the week. On the 18th of June 2018 it is planned to conclude the audit in Kyiv.
It is to be recalled that the IMO audit is a mandatory procedure for all IMO Member States in order to check the compliance with obligations as port state, flag and coastal state. Ukraine is a Member of the International Maritime Organization since 1994.
This is an important stage for development of our maritime state and a next step to strengthening of cooperation between Ukraine and the IMO.
An objective of the audit is an inspection of compliance with international obligations on safety of navigation as port state, flag state and coastal state by Ukraine.