In the period of April 25 – 26, 2018 a two-day training was held in the building of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine. The training was organized for an appropriate preparation of Ukraine to the Audit of the International Maritime Organization (IMO).
During this training a level of preparation of concerned authorities, enterprises, institutions and organizations was considered in details, namely concerning such issues as:
- the introduction of the State;
- the policy and the strategy of the State in implementation of the IMO instruments;
- the general clarification of the legislation in the maritime transport and relevant processes necessary to implement and use of the IMO instruments;
- the general explanation of the order and procedures connected with the implementation of instruments (technical standards for vessels). Exemption from the fulfilment of commitments under the international conventions in case of conventional certification of the Ukrainian-flagged vessels;
- performing of the Flag State functions;
- the Port State Control;
- the interviews with inspectors;
- the delegation of the authorities to the recognized organizations, monitoring;
- the investigation of maritime accidents and its analysis;
- MARPOL – fulfilment of Port State and Coastal State functions;
- the dangerous goods;
- the fulfilment of the Coastal State functions.
The State Enterprise "Marine Search and Rescue Service" of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine took part in the discussion of the Coastal State functions, namely search and rescue activities and its coordination, the Global Maritime Distress and Safety System (GMDSS) and also the Long-range Identification and Tracking of Ships System (LRIT).
As results of this internal audit training the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine with participation of the EDGE team will develop the Plan of Corrective Actions in order to take measures by all concerned enterprises for the appropriate preparation and successful passing of the IMO audit in June 2018.