During the period of February 15-16, the Seminar on Effective Implementation and Management of the LRIT System organized by the International Mobile Satellite Organization (IMSO) with the support of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) is held in London, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.
Representatives of the Marine Search and Rescue Service of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine take part in this Seminar, namely Sergiy Dubin, Acting Deputy Director for Search and Rescue and Natalia Platzerova, Head of the LRIT National Data Centre.
Among the important issues that are considered during the Seminar are the following:
- current implementation of the LRIT System from a regulatory perspective and concerning Flag State implementation and efficient ways of use of the mentioned system;
- experience of the successful usage of the LRIT System by the Coastal State;
- effective usage of the LRIT System for search and rescue operations' purposes;
- usage of the LRIT System by security forces, real time functioning of the mentioned system;
- financial sustainability of the LRIT System, effective ways of ships tracking and also possibility of its mobile application usage;
- integration of LRIT with other tracking and reporting systems;
- cybersecurity in the context of LRIT System usage.
"This is the first international seminar under the IMSO and IMO on LRIT issues and also, what is really important, it is the international practice of LRIT usage for search and rescue at the sea" – noticed Sergiy Dubin.
Participation in the mentioned seminar is important for the effective using of LRIT for search and rescue operations in the Black Sea and for the implementation of advanced approaches of ships' tracking and sharing experience with relevant experts from different countries.