From 19 to 21 September SE MSRS carried out a check of the SAR boat PRK-05 crew’s readiness in Skadovsk port where it is deployed, as a part of improvement of professional skills in the sphere of safety securing, safety culture level rising, emergency situation prevention, and readiness towards their elimination.
The check has enlightened the following issues:
- the state of emergency rescue readiness securing;
- arrangement of SAR missions provision in the SRR of Ukraine;
- the state of the SAR fleet crew annual training plan implementation;
- availability and accessibility of valid normative acts and
management directives for the crew members;
- the state of the company’s shipping safety policy compliance.
There were exercises in the high seas held in the check’s course with practising of the crew’s actions during a simulated SAR mission.
The results of this work have proved that the PRK-05 crew possess sufficient knowledge and skills to arrange SAR missions in its coverage area in the SRR of Ukraine.