On 24.11.2015 a joint training SAR mission on search and rescue of people in distress was carried out in the vicinity of Illichivsk Port of the Black Sea, in the coastal zone of Ukraine’s SAR area.
The exercise was held according to the Plan of Conducting Joint Tactical Exercises on Emergency Response on Water Sites, as approved by Head of Odessa Regional State Administration M. Saakashvili.
The main purpose of the exercise was to practically adjust the interaction between the units of MSRS Branch of SE USPA, State Service of Emergencies of Ukraine (SSEU), State Border Guard Service of Ukraine, Ukrainian Navy, Ministry for Interior of Ukraine, and other agencies and authorities, when they perform SAR tasks on the water sites.
The exercise was participated by:
- three speedboats, SMRCC and CRC Odessa of the MSRS Branch;
- a helicopter, a divers’ boat, and the duty emergency unit of SSEU;
- a plane, a ship and a speedboat of the Navy;
- two speedboats of Border Guard Service;
- a speedboat of Illichivsk Branch of SE USPA;
- duty auxiliaries of Illichivsk, Odessa, and Bilhorod-Dnistrovsky ports.
In the course of the exercise various techniques of joint search and rescue of people at sea were adjusted along with rendering the first medical aid, including the psychological support.